Glitter embossing is a lovely technique you can easily achieve with Heat & Stick powder. Here's how!
"All that glitters is not gold
Making your projects special with glitter embossing is only a step beyond ordinary heat embossing. All you need is Stampin' Up!'s Heat & Stick Powder, a Versamark or Craft Ink pad, and a heat gun. Oh and you need some glitter of course, and the cardstock you want to add your image to. Here I used Dazzling Diamonds, also from Stampin' Up! to make a wedding image:
It's so hard to capture glimmer and shimmer on a stills camera, isn't it? (If any of you know how to help me capture this type of thing better please say so!)
To make this effect, just go one step further in the heat embossing process. It's really that simple!
Here are the instructions for using Heat 'n Stick Powder:
- Stamp an image with VersaMark ink or with your Craft Stampin' Pad. The ink will stay wet for a time so no need to rush this step
- Apply Heat & Stick powder to the inked image. Shake off the excess powder onto the Powder Pal (or a folded piece of scrap paper) and funnel it back into its container. You can set this aside till you are ready to apply the sparkle
- Heat your image with the heat tool just until the powder turns to liquid. Do not overheat
- Pour glitter (Dazzling Diamonds) onto the inked image, making sure that the image is coated completely
- Shake off excess glitter and funnel it back into the container
- Heat again briefly to set
Now you should have a nicely glittered and embossed image.
If you have not tried this technique before, I hope you will play with it now. If you do, please do share your project with me. I'd love to see what you make.
Do You Have A Favourite Handmade Card to Share?
Do you make greeting cards? Please do share it with me.
Is this one a better image, or worse? Lol! Now I feel like an optometrist!
Top of page
Return from Glitter Embossing to Card Making |
Return to PaperCraftCentral Home Page