April 2013 Paper Twists Edition
It’s been awhile since I sent out an edition of Paper Twists, so a special welcome to newcomers and welcome everyone to this edition! Thanks to those who who have stayed on as subscribers.
Now, how about some papercrafting ideas?
Here are some ideas to get you crafting:
- Try using Stampin’ Up!’s Cardstock Vellum (item no 106584) in your Big Shot with an embossing folder or trim. I made some wedding cards using cardstock vellum in various ways and was really happy with the result. You can also manually emboss on it using the Simply Scored scoring tool (item no 122334) and plate (item no 126192). It’s fun to make envelopes of Vellum cardstock and emboss some strips of vellum to adorn them.
- Do you feel like scrapping? You could add some accordion-fold flowers to a fun page about spring, a special birthday event or celebration. Get a Rosette Die (item 125594) and make some beautiful fan fold flowers very easily. (Hint: Use a hot glue gun to adhere the rosettes together easily)
- Have you tried heat embossing a glue dot before? I added one to the middle of a punched flower, sprinkled on some Pool Party embossing powder (item 129398) and heated it with my heat tool. I thought it added quite a bit of character to the inside of the card I was making. You could emboss a row of three or five glue dots (item no 103683) on a tag, or add some special emphasis to a scrapbook page with a whole row of them.
Money Saving Tip
Before you recycle old clothing, consider snipping off the buttons, take out zippers and any other metal or plastic embellishments and use them for your papercrafting. I even use the tags from new clothing as bases for new elements. Cover them with designer series paper or cardstock and stamp or embellish to suit your project or gift.
Stampin’ Up! has some new products! Here are two of them:
- Try out the new My Digital Studio program for free this month. Never tried digi projects before? Go on, try it. It’s easy to use! (Note: The free download will only work for Aussie crafters, but you may be able to search for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in your own country and see if it is available there)
- There’s a whole new range of stamps, papers and embellishments called Sent With Love. Check them out! They are perfect for projects about vacations and trips.
Till next time, may all your days be crafty ones.