Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe Card
Mmmm - Lemon Meringue Pie! My favourite! Yes, I know it's sugary, but I also know I'm not alone in loving it:
I'm a sweet eater.
I love lemon pie and sweet potato pie".
Made for an UNhealthy Recipe Card Swap!
When I was asked to think of an UNhealthy recipe to make into cards for a scrapbooking swap, I immediately thought of lemon meringue pie.
It always brings back thoughts of my childhood when I bite into its
flaky pastry with the sweet and sour filling, topped by fluffy, snowy
Another advantage of this swap is that I cooked the
recipe itself so I could take some pictures of it for my cards. We had
pie for desert that night cos you can't let it go to waste!
How to Make a Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe Card
Here's What I Used to Make the Cards:
- Shades of Yellow and caramel coloured cardstock
- Designer series paper with pictures of recipes and ingredients on it
- Pictures of the baked item
- The recipe printed on lined note paper
- A variety of paper punches: a note paper punch, a heart punch with two sizes of hearts, a scallop punch and a corner rounder punch
- Yellow and caramel coloured ink pads
- Copper and gold metallic pens
- Double sided tape, paper trimmer, ruler
- Stampin' Dimensionals
Here's What I Did:
Tear the edges of the recipe sections and ink them
Attach double-sided tape to the lengths of ribbon and adhere it to the background designer series paper. I did not wrap the ribbon around the patterned paper as I wanted the picture of the pie to stand out and have a stable surface to balance on
Apply Stampin' Dimensionals to your matted photo and place over the ribbon on the designer series paper (the ribbon will help to support the picture)
Attach the filling and meringue recipe to the front at the right of your pie picture
Turn the card over and decorate the back with a pie crust recipe
Punch out your hearts and decorate the top one (smaller one) with gold pen
Attach strips of designer series paper (edge it with ink first and draw a line of copper metallic pen down the centre of one) and ribbon as desired
Adhere the heart embellishment over the paper strips and ribbon
I chose to sign my cards with my swap name.
- Cut out the cards - here I used 5" x 7" (12.7 x 17.8cm or thereabouts) cards
- Cut out all elements I intend to use on the cards and round off the corners with the corner rounder punch where desired
- Punch the sides of some elements to make them look like note paper with the note paper punch
- Ink the edges of the elements as desired
And there you have it - a recipe card with the UNhealthy recipe - Lemon Meringue Pie! (I still love it)
Have you made some recipe cards for a swap before? Did your swap have a different theme? Will you share them with me?
Do You Have Scrapbook Page to Share?
Please do share your scrapbook layouts and projects below.
Return from Lemon Meringue Pie to Scrapbooking | Return to PaperCraftCentral Home Page